Electric cars have been around for a while, but in India, they are still at an early stage of adoption. Despite being a relatively new concept, there are already several electric car models available in India, each with their unique features, specifications, and pricing. In this blog, we will provide an overview of electric cars available in India, their features, specifications, and pricing.
Features of Electric Cars in India:
Electric cars in India come with several features that set them apart from conventional vehicles. These include:
- Zero emissions: Electric cars produce zero emissions, which makes them an eco-friendly option.
- Instant torque: Electric cars have instant torque, which means they can accelerate faster than traditional cars.
- Lower maintenance: Electric cars have fewer moving parts, which reduces the need for maintenance.
- Quieter rides: Electric cars are quieter than traditional cars, which makes for a more comfortable ride.
Specifications of Electric Cars in India:
Electric cars in India come with different specifications, depending on the model. Here are some common specifications to look for when purchasing an electric car:
- Battery Capacity: The battery capacity of electric cars in India ranges from 20kWh to 90kWh. A higher capacity battery means more driving range.
- Range: The driving range of electric cars in India varies from 100km to 500km on a single charge. The range depends on the battery capacity and driving conditions.
- Charging Time: Electric cars in India can be charged in different ways, including home charging, public charging, and fast charging. The charging time varies from 3 hours to 12 hours depending on the type of charger.
- Motor Power: The motor power of electric cars in India ranges from 5kW to 150kW. A higher motor power means better acceleration and performance
Pricing of Electric Cars in India:
The pricing of electric cars in India varies depending on the model and features. Here are some examples of electric cars available in India and their pricing:
- Tata Nexon EV: Starting at Rs 14.00 lakh
- Mahindra eKUV100: Starting at Rs 8.25 lakh
- MG ZS EV: Starting at Rs 20.99 lakh
- Hyundai Kona Electric: Starting at Rs 23.75 lakh
Electric cars in India are still in their early stages of adoption, but with the government’s push towards electric mobility, we can expect to see more electric cars on the roads soon. With their eco-friendly features, instant torque, and low maintenance, electric cars are a great option for anyone looking to switch to a cleaner mode of transportation. When considering purchasing an electric car in India, it is important to look at the features, specifications, and pricing to find the best fit for your needs.